Author Topic: D5 Art Deco "conversion" started.  (Read 576 times)

Offline \\-olff

• Professional Sculptor
  • Administrator
  • Sculptor
D5 Art Deco "conversion" started.
« on: November 08, 2014, 02:44:17 PM »
The rubber portion of the mold is almost completed, one additional application in about an hour will finish it, then it will cure overnight and I can build the plaster shell for it to-morrow.

Once I have the shell done it can be taken apart and removed from the plaster master and I can cast a new plaster master to store away, once I do that I should be able to start making the positive rubber master mold.

I can finish the rubber positive master mold but I don't have any more molding plaster with which to make the plaster press-mold, either I'll have to order a bag shipped UPS or wait until I order some regular cast stone and clay and have some bags added to the truck shipment. I think I'll just bite the UPS cost on one bag so I can get it done sooner than later.

Now with the new mold completed (above) I have begun the next step- making a positive/reverse mold of the inside of this negative mold.

With the positive/reverse mold rubber applied to the inside of the first mold, it is now filled with plaster for the supporting shell, both the plaster and the rubber now set aside for a few hours for the rubber to cure (below)

About 5 hours later with the rubber cured a little faster than otherwise due to the heat of the setting plaster, the first mold is removed leaving the positive/reverse mold with its plaster inside supporting shell (below)

Now I have to wait on getting some molding plaster for the next step- making the 5 piece plaster mold of this, 4 side sections and the flat face section which will be used to press the clay into once that is fully dry.
Sculptures are drawings you fall over in the dark

Offline Sharon

• FAMILY
Re: D5 Art Deco "conversion" started.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 01:21:29 PM »
This is Sharon, enjoying the view of your works. I LOVE the detailed description of your work and how it all unfolds. Pure WOW!

Offline \\-olff

• Professional Sculptor
  • Administrator
  • Sculptor
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 10:39:22 PM »
Thanks Saron, glad you are enjoying the processes!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:50:32 PM by \\-olff »

Offline \\-olff

• Professional Sculptor
  • Administrator
  • Sculptor
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 10:40:53 PM »
Here's a time lapse video you might find interesting too:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/96YrgLTyJ00" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/96YrgLTyJ00</a>

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:49:48 PM by \\-olff »